Summarises what personal information we collect, and where this information originates.
We may collect information about you when you, or someone acting on your behalf, contact(s) us by phone, email, post or otherwise, and when you correspond with us via our website and online forms. Please note that calls may be recorded for training and quality control purposes. Information that you provide us with can take many forms, including;
• when booking holiday arrangements, we will ask you to provide information such as;
• your name, gender, date of birth, contact details (postal address, email address and telephone number) and marketing preferences;
• your preferred rooming arrangements and other special requests (which may include Special Categories of personal data, see below);
• the name and telephone number of an emergency contact person (whom we will only contact in urgent circumstances while you are away);
• your travel insurance details;
• where necessary, we may also request your passport details and other information directly required to provide your holiday arrangements;
• when you call us or correspond with us about your booking, we may record the call and/or keep information on why you contacted us, and the advice we gave you;
• when you make a payment to us, we will receive information from you including details of your payment card or your bank account (this information is processed using a third party payment services provider and is not stored by us);
• on your return from holiday we e-mail or post a satisfaction survey to you. This gives us specific feedback on any issue you may have experienced, and statistical data we can amalgamate in order to monitor the quality of our holidays;
• when you visit us at a public event, such as trade show or exhibition or participate in one of our surveys, competitions or prize draws, we may ask for information, such as your name, contact details, interests and marketing preferences;
• when you use our online services, we may receive content that you choose to upload such as reviews, comments, photos, forum posts or details of your interests and marketing preferences;
• you may also provide us with written or photographic content for us to load on to our website, including reviews and articles.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also collect information from publicly available sources and third parties, including:
• from a Travel Agent acting on your behalf in the sale of a travel arrangement to you, and sharing some information about you and your purchase with us;
• information about you from other Hotelplan UK Group companies that you interact with;
• payment information from our payment services provider including debit/credit card numbers, bank account and other details in order to issue refunds;
• information relating to your use of any of our social network applications, pages or plugins.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT WHEN YOU USE OUR WEBSITE
Our websites provide us with information about your use, including:
• details of the content that you view and interact with during a browsing session;
• technical information such as, but not limited to, service, product or server logs, IP address, time and location, domain, device and application settings, errors and hardware activity etc;
• interests and preferences that you specify during the curation of your holiday arrangements;
• email/chat communications you have with us may be monitored and logged.
AGGREGATED INFORMATION DERIVED FROM YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical and demographic data for analytical purposes. Whilst derived from your personal data, it is not considered personal data as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
We may collect, use and share the following special categories of personal data about you only where it is strictly necessary in order to deliver the travel arrangements you have purchased (for example, to assist with visa applications or ensure appropriate food for those with serious/life threatening allergies);
• dietary requirements which may disclose health matters or your religious or philosophical beliefs;
• health, including information about any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen holiday arrangements.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Should you fail to provide data required either by law, or necessary to provide your chosen travel arrangements, we will not be able to provide the services you have booked or are attempting to book. This may result in Inntravel being unable to process your booking and be forced to cancel the booking. In this case, we will treat this as a ‘cancellation by you’ in accordance with the relevant Booking Terms & Conditions and notify you accordingly.
We ask that you please take care when submitting information to us, in particular when completing free text fields or uploading documents and other materials. Some of our services are automated and we may not recognise that you have accidentally provided us with incorrect or sensitive information.