The booking process
The booking process at a glance
You can find more information below, but in brief the booking process is as follows:
1) You decide on your ideal itinerary with the help of a specific member of the sales team
2) You provide us with the details necessary to make your booking and pay a deposit
3) We book your accommodation and other key elements
4) We book your travel (or you can do so if you’re making your own arrangements)
5) We send you a Booking Confirmation and Invoice
6) You pay the balance 8 weeks before departure
7) We send you your route notes, maps, tickets etc 2-3 weeks before your holiday
8) You have a relaxing holiday, safe in the knowledge we’ve taken care of every detail!
Choosing the right holiday
We aim to provide as much information as possible about our holidays on our website, but we highly recommend speaking to one of our travel experts on 01653 617001 (you can request a call back if you prefer) to make sure that you choose the right holiday for you and to find out about the full range of options, including travel arrangements, available for that holiday. Alternatively, if it’s more convenient to communicate electronically, you can email your query. No matter what your question or how you contact us, we’re dedicated to helping you arrange your ideal holiday.
Making a booking
Once you’ve decided on your itinerary with the help of a nominated sales team member, they will check the availability of your chosen travel arrangements (or you should do so if organising your own travel, but do not book anything at this stage).
You can then make a booking by calling 01653 617001 or, if you prefer, you can complete our secure online booking form. At this stage, we’ll ask you for the essential details that we need to make the reservations, including:
• your address and full contact details
• the full names, as shown on passports, and dates of birth of all party members
• any dietary or other special requirements that we will pass on to your hotels
• the make, model, registration number, height and length of your car if we are booking a Channel crossing for you
• the main driver if your holiday involves car hire booked by us
• the type of bicycle (standard or electric) you prefer and the heights of all party members if you’re booking a cycling holiday
We also ask at this stage that you pay a deposit (or full payment if you’re booking within 8 weeks of departure) along with your travel insurance premiums (if required).
Regardless of how you make your booking, IT IS ASSUMED THAT YOU HAVE ACCEPTED OUR BOOKING CONDITIONS. If you phone us, please note that some calls may be recorded for training and quality-control purposes.
Confirming your booking
We can often provide immediate confirmation of your accommodation and travel arrangements. However, the personalised nature of our holidays means that there is sometimes a day or two’s wait involved while we contact hotels and other suppliers (such as the bike hire shop, in the case of cycling holidays) individually to secure the main elements of your holiday.
Once we’ve heard back from them, the member of the customer services team looking after your holiday will contact you. Usually this will be to tell you that the accommodation is all confirmed, but if we’re unable to make any of the arrangements (unless it is a minor detail) they will give you the choice of changing your dates, adjusting the itinerary, booking a different holiday or refunding your deposit in full.
It’s not until all the key elements of your holiday have been secured that we will arrange your travel (or you can do so, if arranging it independently). At this point we will ask you for any additional payments necessary to secure particular flights or other travel arrangements if we’re booking them for you.
When your travel arrangements have been confirmed, we’ll finalise any remaining elements of your holiday and then send by email or post (please tell us your preference) a Booking Confirmation and Invoice (and an ATOL Certificate if your confirmed travel arrangements include a flight) to the party leader (usually the person who made the booking). Please check the documents carefully and contact us straight away if any information on any document appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it might not be possible to make changes later.
Other booking information
While not essential to confirm your booking, we do require additional personal information to fully process your booking. You can provide this information online (we will email you a link to a secure, personalised ‘My Inntravel’ web page with your Booking Confirmation and Invoice) or by phone on 01653 617001. The information that we require includes:
• postal addresses of all party members
• passport details (nationality, number, place of issue, issue date, expiry date) of all party members to satisfy the requirements of Advance Passenger Information (API)
• details of all party members’ travel insurance (insurer, policy number and medical emergency helpline), if not taking our policy
• a mobile number to contact you with urgent updates while you’re away
• an emergency contact in the UK for while you’re on holiday with us
• for skiing holidays, any ski packages to be pre-booked (in which case we need your shoe sizes and heights to pass on to the ski hire shop)
Your personalised ‘My Inntravel’ web page will also contain links to various documents that will help you to prepare for your holiday.
The next stage
We ask that you pay the balance at least 8 weeks before departure. You can contact us at any stage if you have any queries relating to your holiday.
Final travel documents
Your final travel documents include all the relevant detailed background notes and route information you will need for your holiday, plus associated documentation such as maps and confirmation of any travel arrangements we have booked for you. We normally send these to your home (or other specified) address 2-3 weeks in advance of your holiday so that you have time to read it all before you travel. If you are travelling elsewhere beforehand and would like us to send them particularly early, please let us know in plenty of time.
The deposit varies according to the type of holiday. All deposits are per person unless stated otherwise.
£240 per family
Holidays in the snow
We offer a personal holiday insurance policy specifically tailored to our type of holiday by Fogg Travel Insurance, whose cover is among the most comprehensive available. As well as emergency medical assistance, the policy provides cover for cancellation and travel disruption in many cases. If you’re going on a cycling holiday, it even provides cover if your hired bicycle is extensively damaged or stolen while securely locked to an immovable object. For winter holidays, it provides wide-ranging winter sports cover.
Having adequate travel insurance is absolutely essential, so if you decide not to buy insurance from us, we will ask you to provide us with details of the policy you have in place (insurer, policy number and medical emergency telephone number) so that we can assist if the need arises while you’re on holiday. You should ensure that your insurance covers the activities we provide during your holiday and that it is adequate for your particular needs. We cannot accept liability for any damage, costs, losses or expenses incurred as a result of your failure to do this, and we don’t check alternative insurance policies. If you don’t inform us of your alternative arrangements, we will automatically add our insurance premium to your invoice. If you purchase our insurance, you must make sure our policy meets your needs, paying particular attention to existing health conditions and any planned activities, if different from those offered by us.
Methods of payment
Payments can be made in £ sterling only by:
• bank or building society cheque (payable to Inntravel Ltd)
• online transfer direct into Inntravel’s bank account (details available on request)
• Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
We are unable to accept Irish Laser cards.
BECAUSE WE INCUR HIGHER CHARGES FOR CREDIT CARD AND NON-UK REGISTERED DEBIT CARD PAYMENTS, WE LEVY A FEE (CURRENTLY 1.5% OF THE AMOUNT PAYABLE, BUT WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ALTER THIS AMOUNT) IF YOU CHOOSE TO PAY BY THIS METHOD. We do not levy charges for any other type of payment, including by debit card registered to a UK address. Should you choose to pay by credit card, please note that the invoicing party will be Hotelplan CC Services GmbH located in Erich-Weinert-Strasse 145, 10409 Berlin, Germany. Card payments can be made via our secure payment form.