7) Changes and cancellation by us
(1) Changes to confirmed bookings sometimes have to be made and we reserve the right to do so in accordance with this clause 7. Most changes will be insignificant and we have the right to make these. Where an insignificant change is made before departure, we will notify you in writing. An insignificant change does not entitle you to cancel your holiday and no compensation, refunds or damages of any nature will be payable where any such change is made. Occasionally, before departure, we may be constrained by circumstances beyond our control to make a significant alteration to any of the main characteristics of the travel services which form part of your confirmed booking or to any special requirements which we have accepted as referred to in clause 14
. Where we have to do so, clauses 7(4)
(2) All alterations which are not significant in accordance with clause 7(1)
will be treated as insignificant changes. Carriers such as airlines may be subject to change. Any such change will not be significant. A change of flight time of less than 12 hours, airline, departure airport between London airports (Gatwick, Heathrow, Luton, Stansted or London City), type of aircraft (if advised), destination airport or accommodation to another of a similar standard and with similar facilities will also all be treated as insignificant changes. Please bear in mind that coronavirus and the measures and other action being taken by governments, public authorities, airlines and businesses to manage its effects (including mandatory social distancing, face masks/coverings, hand sanitization, temperature checks and health passes / vaccination certificates) is likely to have an impact on holiday arrangements for a considerable period of time. We may, for example, be unable to provide, or you may be unable to access, certain services or facilities as a result. Such measures / action may be introduced or changed with little or no prior notice. Greater flexibility is therefore likely to be required for the foreseeable future which we would ask you to bear in mind at all times, both before and after departure. Any impact which such measures / action has on your holiday will not constitute a significant alteration to your contracted arrangements and will not entitle you to cancel without payment of the applicable cancellation charges as a result.
(3) All group holidays require a minimum number of bookings to enable us to operate them and we reserve the right to cancel any such holiday where this minimum number is not achieved. You will be advised before your booking is accepted of the minimum number applicable to your holiday. Failure to achieve this minimum number does not, however, oblige us to cancel. We will notify you of cancellation for this reason not later than 56 days before departure.
(4) In the event we have to significantly alter any of the main characteristics of your confirmed arrangements or accepted special requirements, we will provide you with the following information in writing as soon as possible: (i) the proposed alteration and any impact this has on the price; (ii) in the event that you do not wish to accept the alteration, details of any alternative holiday arrangements we are able to offer (including the applicable price); (iii) your entitlement to cancel your booking and receive a full refund if you do not want to accept the alteration or any alternative holiday arrangements offered; and (iv) the period within which you must inform us of your decision and what will happen if you don’t do so.
(5) If you choose to cancel your booking in accordance with clause 7(4)
, we will refund all payments you have made to us within 14 days of the date the cancellation takes effect and terminates your contract (which is usually the date we or the travel agent through whom you made your booking send you a cancellation invoice following receipt of your written cancellation notification). If we don’t hear from you with your decision within the specified period (having provided you with the above mentioned information for a second time), we will cancel your booking and refund all payments made to us within 14 days of the effective date of cancellation (see above). No compensation will be payable or other liability accepted where a change results from unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances (see clause 8
(6) Occasionally, it may be necessary to cancel a confirmed booking. We have the right to terminate your contract in the event (i) we are prevented from performing your contracted holiday arrangements as a result of unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances (see clause 8
) and we notify you of this as soon as reasonably possible or (ii) (where applicable) we have to cancel because the minimum number of bookings necessary for us to operate your group holiday has not been achieved and we notify you of cancellation for this reason as referred to in clause 7(3)
. Where we have to cancel your booking in these circumstances, we will refund all monies you have paid to us within 14 days of the effective date of cancellation (see clause 7(5)
) but will have no further or other liability to you including in respect of compensation or any costs or expenses you incur or have incurred as a result. We will of course endeavour to offer you alternative arrangements where possible which you may choose to book (at the applicable price) in place of those cancelled. We also have the right to cancel if you fail to make payment in accordance with the terms of your contract in which case clause 5
(7) Please note, a full refund entitlement only arises where we are prevented from performing your contracted holiday arrangements as a result of unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances in accordance with clause 7(6)
and we exercise our right to cancel as a result. Without limitation, you will not be entitled to a full refund and cancellation charges are likely to apply where such circumstances affect your ability to travel on your holiday rather than our ability to perform or provide the contracted arrangements. This may be the case, for example, where measures applied by the UK or any other government or public authorities (such as locally applicable restrictions) mean you are unable to leave your home/local area and/or travel to or gain entry into the country(ies) where your holiday is due to take place. The issue of advice or recommendations against travel by public authorities (such as the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office) does not automatically mean we are prevented from performing your holiday arrangements but may instead affect your ability to travel. Without limitation, any obligation to quarantine or self-isolate on your return to your country of residence or to meet Covid-19 vaccination or testing requirements does not affect our ability to provide your holiday and will not entitle you to cancel without paying our usual cancellation charges.
(8) In addition to a full refund of all monies paid by you (where applicable), we will pay you compensation as detailed below, in the following circumstances:
- if, where we make a significant change to your holiday, you do not accept the changed arrangements and cancel your booking; or
- if we cancel your booking and no alternative arrangements are available and/or we do not offer an alternative.
The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so.
Period before departure in which we notify you & amount you will receive from us (per person)*
• 56 days or more: Nil
• 55 to 28 days: £20
• 27 to 14 days: £30
• 13 days or fewer: £40
*Important note: We will not pay compensation in the following circumstances:
- where we make an insignificant change;
- where we make a significant change or cancel your arrangements more than 8 weeks before departure;
- where we have had to cancel your arrangements as a result of your failure to make full payment on time;
- where the change or cancellation by us arises out of alterations to the confirmed booking requested by you;
- where we are forced to change or cancel your holiday as a result of unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances (see clause 8