Sometimes the airports that we recommend for our trips are small regional airports which are only served by flights from other European airports. In this case, you will need to fly to a more major hub. We list a few below. However, it is best to seek our advice before booking your flights to ensure that we will be able to arrange connecting travel for you.
• Austria: Munich (MUC, in Germany) for Tyrol
• France: Paris (CDG)
• Germany: Munich (MUC) for Bavaria; Frankfurt am Main (FRA) for Moselle
• Greece: Athens (ATH)
• Italy: Rome Ciampino (CIA) or Rome Fiumicino (FCO); Milan Malpensa (MXP) or Milan Linate (LIN) for northern destinations
• Norway: Oslo Gardermoen (OSL)
• Portugal: Lisbon (LIS)
• Spain: Barcelona (BCN) for Catalonia and Balearic Islands; Madrid (MAD) for most other destinations
• Switzerland: Zürich (ZRH); Geneva (GVA)
If your flight is scheduled to arrive in the evening, or if you would like the chance to rest before continuing your journey, we can usually arrange accommodation for you – we offer comfortable, hand-picked hotels in many European cities.
Did you know...
...that we are experts in European rail travel? For many holidays you can fly to London and we will then arrange onward rail travel by Eurostar (which takes you under the English Channel to France) and connecting train services. Most French and Swiss destinations can be reached within a day from London.
Last fetch time is : 12/15/2019 1:38:22 AM