Please read these terms and conditions carefully before entering the competition. By entering you indicate that you accept these terms and conditions and you agree to be bound by them.
1. Promoter – This competition is run by Inntravel Ltd (the “Promoter”), registered in England under company registration number 2701796 and registered at Mountain House, Station Road, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1EX.
2. All entrants must be 18 years or over. Employees and immediate family (parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners) of the Promoter or its agencies are not eligible to enter.
3. Competition Period – The competition starts at 00.01am on 13 July 2019 and closes at 11.59pm on 30 November 2019 (the “Competition Period”). All times are GMT and any entries received outside the Competition Period will be void. There is a maximum of 5 entries per person per month.
4. An entry is a photo (recommended to be between 1MB and 10MB) plus image title and caption (up to 40 words).
5. To enter visit www.inntravel.co.uk/slow/my-slow-moment
and complete the online form; you must ensure all required fields are filled correctly.
6. Each month, from July through to November 2019, the entry that best encapsulates a Slow Moment will be awarded ‘Photo of the Month’ by a panel of judges. Each monthly winner will be notified by the 15th day of the following month. The overall winner will be selected from the monthly winners by Carl Honoré
, author of the international best-seller, In Praise of Slow
. The judges’ decision is final and no additional correspondence will be entered into.
7. All monthly winners and a selection of highly recommended entries from the competition will be exhibited at Joe Cornish Galleries
in Northallerton in January 2020. The overall winner will be announced at the exhibition launch.
8. Photographs must be the original work of the author. Entries which are or appear to be plagiarised will be disqualified. Entries for this competition must not contain any content that is defamatory, libellous, racist, homophobic, derogatory, pornographic, obscene, sexist, illegal, and/or otherwise inappropriate. Entrants must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put themselves or others at any risk.
9. Entrants confirm that each individual who features recognisably in the competition entry has given consent for the use of his/her image in connection with this competition and in accordance with these terms and conditions. Where an individual featured in a competition entry is aged less than 18 years the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.
10. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes related to this campaign.
11. Entrants will retain copyright of their submitted entries. However, by entering, all entrants grant Inntravel a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for general promotional activity, publicity and news purposes related to this campaign.
12. Winners will be notified by email using the details provided. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winners; if a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, Inntravel reserves the right to select another winner.
Overall prize – The overall prize is a holiday-cum-photographic assignment by way of an Inntravel seven-night, self-guided walking holiday to Lanzarote – Lanzarote & La Graciosa
. The prize is for two people (sharing a room), including breakfast each day, 3 dinners, route notes and maps, 7 days’ category C car hire and return flights from the UK to Arrecife, Lanzarote (up to the value of £250pp). The prize is valid for travel in 2020 – between 1-14 February, 24 February-2 April, 19 April-3 May, 1 September-15 December 2020 – and is subject to availability and Inntravel’s normal Booking Conditions
, and must be booked at least 6 weeks before travel. The prize winner and companion are responsible for all incidental expenses, for obtaining travel insurance and having valid passports and visas if relevant. Full details of the photographic assignment will be issued before travel. The prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable and not redeemable for cash or any other prize.
Monthly prize – The monthly prize is an Inntravel holiday voucher. The voucher entitles the bearer to £200 off any Inntravel holiday taken within 12 months of the issue date, subject to availability and Inntravel’s standard Booking Conditions
. Vouchers can only be used against final balance payment. Only one voucher is permitted per booking and vouchers may not be redeemed retrospectively on holidays which have already been paid in full. Vouchers are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and not redeemable for cash or any other prize. The voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
15. Personal information collected to enter the competition will be used solely for administering the competition. We will retain personal contact details beyond the end of the competition only where there is a likelihood that we may use the content in promotional material in accordance with these terms and conditions, so that we can inform you where we have used it.
16. Inntravel will not be liable for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition.
17. Inntravel reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, at our sole discretion, the competition cannot be conducted as specified. Inntravel reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond our control make this unavoidable.
18. All entrants agree to abide by these terms and conditions and the Promoter reserves the right to exclude entrants for any breach of these terms and conditions. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.