Call Inntravel on
+44 (0)1653 617001

+44 (0)1653 617001search
      FAQs > Accommodation


Frequently asked questions about Inntravel holidays

What type of accommodation does Inntravel use?

Sometimes we use hotels, sometimes we use other types of accommodation – it depends on what exists in a given region. Something that’s true of all areas and all tours, however, is that we have visited and hand-picked every single place. Not all of them have star ratings, but don’t let this put you off – some countries such as Norway don’t have a classification system, while elsewhere smaller establishments and certain types of accommodation are often exempt from the classification process. By this token, the lack of a star rating is often an indication of a place’s charm and intimate atmosphere.

What is a chambres d’hôtes?

This is a type of accommodation found in France, best described as a guesthouse. There is usually just a handful of bedrooms, making for an intimate atmosphere. Often, meals are taken around a communal table, with your hosts and other guests. See our chambres d’hôtes page for more information.

What is an agritourism /agroturismo /masseria?

These are working farms which can also accommodate guests. The standard varies greatly – some are charmingly rustic, while others are very stylish, with lots of creature comforts. Being in the middle of a big estate, the accommodation tends to be very tranquil, and you’ll often find produce from the farm featured in the cooking.

Will we have our own bathroom?

You will almost always have a bedroom with en-suite facilities that include a toilet, sink and bath and/or shower. Of the hundreds of hotels and guesthouses we work with, only a handful have shared facilities, and we indicate these rare exceptions on the relevant holiday page and/or when you book.