Call Inntravel on
+44 (0)1653 617001

+44 (0)1653 617001search
      Your holiday > Travelling from outside the UK

Inntravel vacations for customers living outside the UK

Inntravel holidays

Our vacations are not restricted to people from the UK – each year we provide trips for an increasing number of people from other countries who appreciate our style of holiday and our high standards of personal service. Here are the comments of just a couple of people who have travelled with us:

"All the inns were so unique, a different high quality experience daily! Great innkeepers and great food... Days were delightfully full to bursting. The wonders of the country and the beauty of the natural surrounding where people seem to understand conservation so intimately was such a pleasure! We could not get enough! Getting up in the morning in beautiful environs, enjoying a delicious breakfast, leaving the bags, and walking out the door into the undulating hills, through forested stream belts, over the moors and constantly viewing a patchwork of beautiful agricultural countryside/sheep/cattle was a dream come true! Great job! You advertise that you offer unbeatable value and high most certainly do! Our sincere thanks for a terrific holiday. We look forward to traveling with the help of your very competent staff in future."
Mr and Mrs Pierson, US

"We very much enjoyed our walk in the Tarn Valley and wanted to thank you for all of your efforts in arranging it for us. The accommodations were very comfortable, the food delicious and (perhaps overly!) abundant and, best of all, the route excellently chosen: lovely scenery with much variation in a very quiet and peaceful setting. The maps and directions were very clear and detailed. We only got off the track once or twice and neither time for very long! Everyone we dealt with at the hotels and those who transported us and our luggage were most gracious and helpful. It was one of the most enjoyable holidays I have ever taken - my first, but almost certainly not my last, walking tour of this kind."
Ms V, US

Travel arrangements

We can offer flexible arrangements to link to your international flights. Some customers choose to fly to London, from where we can make onward travel arrangements (including flights) to your Inntravel destination for you, while others fly direct to a European airport appropriate to where their Inntravel vacation is taking place. In the latter case, we can help with rail travel and/or taxi transfers to your first hotel and from your last hotel. We have years of experience in making bespoke arrangements, so please talk to our team.

Combine holidays

If you are planning a long vacation in Europe, you may wish to consider combining Inntravel itineraries – we will be happy to advise you on the options available. You could combine a week of hiking with a week of touring, or you could combine two or more hiking vacations, travelling between the different regions by rail. In this way you could even combine hikes in different countries – for example, you could spend a week in south-west France followed by a week in Catalonia in north-east Spain, or combine a week in the Swiss Alps with a walk in northern Italy. We also offer city breaks and self-catering vacations that can be combined with our hiking and cycling itineraries. If you want to combine an Inntravel vacation with something completely different that we do not offer, we will be happy to recommend an associate company that can provide what you are looking for.


To make your trip truly special, many hotels have a small number of superior rooms, and we will be happy to book these for you at a supplement. Similarly, if you would prefer to travel first class, we are normally able to book first class seats on main railway lines (some local trains only offer standard accommodation), and can book club class seats if we are arranging flights for you from the UK.

How to price your holiday

We invoice all our clients in pounds sterling, and all payments, be they holiday deposits or balance payments, must be paid in pounds sterling, even when paying by cheque (ask your bank for the easiest way to raise a cheque in GBP). If you pay by credit card, then your holiday price will be converted into your currency on your bill by your credit card company, which determines the exchange rate applicable. As an indication of the current exchange rate, see the American Express website. Because we are charged for payments by credit card and non-UK registered debit cards, we levy a small fee if you pay by card (please contact us for the current rate), and your credit card company or bank may also charge a handling fee.

Full documentation sent to you before your vacation

The vast majority of our holidays are self-guided, and we provide you with detailed route notes and maps to follow on our hiking and cycling vacations. These are sent to your home address a couple of weeks before your vacation, so that you have time to read through them. If you need us to send your documentation particularly early (because you are travelling elsewhere before your Inntravel vacation) or would like us to send them to an address other than your home address, please inform us well in advance.

Please note that, as our documentation packs are quite bulky due to the wealth of information they contain, we charge customers living outside Britain (including those in the Republic of Ireland) £20 per pack to cover the additional postage costs.

Making a reservation

Please contact one of our specialists in handling reservations from non-UK customers by telephone on +44 1653 617779 (our offices are normally open Monday-Friday 9-5.30 British time). We will be happy to discuss your holiday plans and to make suggestions if you wish to combine Inntravel vacations or tailor-make your itinerary. If our office hours are not convenient for you, we may be able to call you outside these hours (throughout January and February, for example, we are open until 9pm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays).

Insurance & visas

It is a condition of booking with Inntravel that you are covered by adequate insurance. In addition to having health insurance, you should also ensure that you are insured for the other risks associated with travel such as loss of baggage, travel delay, theft, repatriation in the case of accident etc, as well as for the activities in which you will be participating during your holiday. We regret that our own insurance policy is only open to EU residents.

What visas you need depends very much on your nationality and which country or countries you are visiting. The best body with which to check is the embassy of the relevant country or countries (including any you are travelling through). It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the correct documentation.

Overseas travel agents

We have worked successfully with overseas travel agents in the past and are always happy to consider new partnerships. Please email us to discuss collaboration.